Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hello Me!

They say you never really know who you are until you become an adult, somewhere around 18 or 20. Some say you don't know who you are until you're half way through life. Wise folk will tell you that they still don't know who they are. My point? I don't think "who you are" is just something that clicks in your mind. Someone who is convinced they know who they are, in my opinion, are sadly mistaken.

We're human beings constantly growing and changing.... life events, no matter how big or small, effect who we are day to day. Our character, on the other hand, forms its own personality and it's something that we live with day to day... Unfortunately, no matter what values and morals guide though life our character is always being judged and we will never please everyone no matter how hard we try.

I could go on and on about how we should't try to compromise ourselves to make others happy or comfortable... or try to explain which situations it is acceptable to pretend to be something we're simply not but my point is this, some facts about us are unchangeable but as we go on we have the choice to make life decisions and I fully exercise my right to be free. One day I may hate peas and carrots but tomorrow I may just decide that it's the only thing that I want to eat for the rest of my life.

I can't change the things that I did 10 years, 10 months, or even 10 seconds ago but I can choose where I want to place my next 10 footsteps. You can judge away but the truth is, my foot steps are mine and yours are yours. Now, with that said... the facts are as follows...

Born Anaia Mireya (UH-Nye-Yah  Me-RRRae-YAH), Wednesday, March 18, 1992 in Laurel, MD to parents, Douglas and Brenda Janifer. I was welcomed with open arms by two older brothers, Doug Jr. and Devin. After a year and ten months of life our family happily greeted my grumpy little sister, Ciera, into this enormous world which made six. By the age of 2 my family packed up out little home in Laurel and moved down to Greenville, SC where we joined my mother's 3 sisters and 1 brother. With 3 aunts, 1 uncle, 2 parents, 3 siblings, and 11 cousins there was never a dull moment! Always hanging out with the boys I was never afraid of getting my hands dirty, climbing trees, playing in the woods or creek, or just rolling around in the good old Carolina red dirt. After 7 years of country livin' it was back to Maryland. Where I would grow into the young lady that I am today.

Clearly, I could have fluffed that with experiences and locations but I think that's enough for now. Besides, I need to save some for later!

Vinnie & I at a holiday party, Kara, and Ciera! <3
Where and who am I now? As for who I am still working on that, constantly surprising myself and trying new things. I currently live in Reisterstown, MD and attend Nail Tech school in Essex. I plan on attending The Aveda Institute for Esthetics, late summer early fall. Cheerleading was my first love and I am convinced that I'll never let it go, at 20 years of life I'm still "waving my pom-poms" and loving it! I am currently employed as a receptionist in Columbia, MD and believe it or not, I am a sergeant in the Maryland Army National Guard. I am happily taken and in a wonderful relationship. My boyfriend's name is Vince & he is the sweetest most loving thing under the sun who, not to mention, is incredibly hot too! Where is the future taking us? I have no idea but I can't wait to see but because of him I am perusing what it is in life that truly makes me happy! Kara is my best friend who couldn't have come at a better time in my life! Supporting my dreams and going after her own makes her one of the most motivating people to be around. My little sissy, although you would never know it, is another motivating factor in my life. She has never been the type of person to let someone else tell her, "no" and I admire her for that. These 3 people, aside from my mom, dad, grandparents, brothers, other family members, and friends, are the ones that keep me going and I simply couldn't live without!

Other than that, I am enjoying this journey called life and taking it one day and dream at a time.

Forever and Always,
Anaia Papaya <3 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Baby Girl:

    I can't believe I am the first to post a comment! I am very proud of everything you have done and continue to aspire to do. You were my first baby girl (my little Tumbelina)and were a joy to raise. Referred to as our little princess you have always been a creative little busy bee not just creating art and cheers but your life. You can accomplish anything you set out to do and as always I am proud of you and will always suppoort you. Te quiero con muchos besos, amor y carino.....tu mamita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MOMMY! I love you! & thank you sooo much for your support I of course I couldn't do this without you! Te quiero mas, mas, mas! <3

    ReplyDelete